Service Dog Training
Dogs are truly amazing animals and can be trained to help assist people with many different types of disabilities. We have trained a variety of service dogs to help individuals in wheelchairs, people with medical conditions, balance issues and other disabilities. Assistance dogs have trained can:
- Retriever items by laser light
- Open and close doors
- Open and close trash cans
- Turn on and off lights
- Aid in the balance of their owner
- Bark to alert and indicate help is needed
- Retrieve any item by name command or even by using a laser pointer
- Provide a brace
- Pull a wheelchair
- Provide a calming effect for individuals with stress or emotional disorders including PTSD
The video below shows Isaiah the Labradoodle and Samson the Rottweiler, two doing many of the things you see listed above!
There are so many unique and amazing things that a dog can do to assist a person in living a normal and functional life! If you need an assistance dog, or know of anyone in need of an assistance dog, please check out the video below and don’t hesitate to call us at (440) 218-0340.
For many people dogs are great pets and life-long companions. For some, they also provide a critical support system that is often life-saving. LUTV Reporter Hayley Mitchell caught up with one of these helpful canines and her human.
Posted by LUTV News on Wednesday, October 7, 2015