Assistance, therapy & service dogs
Dogs are truly amazing animals and can be trained to help assist people with many different types of disabilities. I have trained a multitude of service dogs to help individuals in wheelchairs, people with medical conditions, balance issues and other disabilities. Assistance dogs I’ve trained can retrieve items out of the persons reach by voice command or even laser pointer.
- Open and close doors
- Open and close trash cans
- Turn on and off lights
- Aid in the balance of their owner
- Bark to alert and indicate help is needed
- Retrieve any item by name command or even by using a laser pointer
- Provide a brace
- Pull a wheelchair
- Provide a calming effect for individuals with stress or emotional disorders including PTSD
The video below shows Isaiah the 10 month old Labradoodle and Samson the Rottweiler, two dogs working basic assistance training to do many of the things you see listed above!
There are so many unique and amazing things that a dog can do to assist a person in living a normal and functional life, and I can train the right dog to do all of these things! If you need an assistance dog or know of anyone in need or an assistance dog please check out the video below and don’t hesitate to call us at (440) 218-0340.